Too many cookies

Yesterday and today I have been working on some cookies-- a housewarming present for a friend of ours, officially moving into his new house this weekend. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I had issues with both of my batches of royal icing... At any rate, the project took longer than what I was thinking it would, and I'm glad to be done now (except for the mess, but I needed a break...).

Here are the house cookies:


These were my first attempt at damming and flooding with RI on sugar cookies. I'm mostly happy with them. ;)

I also have been reading "great" things about covering cookies with fondant. Here's my attempt at that:


The fondant cookies actually turned out a lot "cleaner" looking than the RI flooding did. I may have to try this again sometime... Sadly, as far as embellishments go,"congrats" was all I could do, since this first batch of RI was wayyyy too runny.

And because no entry is complete without a picture of Blake... I try to do most of this during Blake's nap time, but I had to do a little while he was awake yesterday. This is his reaction to my sudden obsession with all things icing:


Not sure what caption to use, but I assure you, he got himself in that predicament.... :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
hmmmmm....and the cat??????
T
Anne said…
ha.
the cat.
she needs to be in my good graces first...

Popular Posts