First attempt at fondant

Well, here's my very first attempt at covering a cake with fondant. I had issues with cutting/stacking/leveling/icing the cake earlier in the day, and that, along with my inexperience, caused the fondant to be semi-lumpy...but I'm still proud of my first attempt. We were very busy in class tonight, so there wasn't a lot of time to decorate at the end (thus the crooked rows...). I decided to do a border of dots and add some of my RI flowers from course two.


(Note the corner where my cake carrier mashed the dot border...)

And here's my very first fondant rose. We only had time to make one in class (you see two of the rosebuds left over from last week), but I want to make a bunch more-- they're actually kind of fun to do. They just take a lot of time.


Sigh...another successful week of cake class! I already can't wait for next week!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks delicious. Oh, that's right, it was. Thanks for the breakfast cake.

-W

Popular Posts