January 17

Today is a big day for the Z-house. As we explained to Blake this morning, "one year ago today Mommy and Daddy spent a lot of money." It's kind of surreal to think that we have been homeowners for one year now.

January 17 is also Blake's uncle Mark's birthday. Blake and I made (ok, I made, but Blake was very patient and played very well by himself while I made) him a birthday cake, which we delivered last night.


The cake is a red velvet cake, which I was excited to try out. I had heard great things about it, but I had never seen or tried one myself. Hehe....I didn't realize that "red" meant "RED!!!!". Had Nate come home early for work, I'm pretty sure he would have thought I had cut my arm off, there was so much red all over our kitchen. It's frosted in buttercream icing, with a layer of fondant over the top. I was also excited to try out my hand with fondant once again, and I am extremely proud of the result. Just hope it tasted good!

This morning also marks the first time that I slept through the night in months!!!!! Literally, I went to sleep after 9, and I didn't wake up until Blake woke up at 6!!!! We both slept through the night. As Nate would say, "w00t!"

Comments

Sarah Jean said…
How do you have such awesome handwriting on your cakes? I am extremely jealous of that! And woot is definitely in line for a full night of sleep for mommy and baby!!!

Popular Posts