"Crappy" day

Yup, I did just choose "crappy day" as a title for this entry.  It's a little bit out of my comfort zone to use that language as a title, but it's true...  There's a stomach bug that's been traveling around, and unfortunately it's hit our Blake.  Again.  Thus a very "crappy" day, if you get my drift.  (And, if you want to travel down that road just a little bit further, it's been "crappy" enough that I'm going to get a new shower curtain out of this...)

As a result, for most of this morning I wasn't so much doing a great job of being a mom.  There are three things I was really looking forward to that I don't get to do today because of this little stomach bug, and I'm ashamed to say that I allowed myself to take it out on the kids.

Epic fail. 

In the midst of this I was talking with a friend.  She was letting me vent a little, and she asked me what I thought I was supposed to learn from this all.  Sigh...her words were the third time I had heard that message in four hours.  Sigh...ok...maybe I'm starting to notice the brick that is being dropped on my head.

Yesterday I came across Proverbs 31:26:
"She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."

I was reminded of a seminar that I went to earlier this fall that used that verse as its theme.  Do you think that I managed to keep those words and their message in my head and in my heart and on my tongue for a mere 24 hours?  Did I manage to apply them in the midst of this "crappy" day?

Epic fail.

I failed (again) with one of the most precious gifts I've ever been given- my kids.   

[Pausing for deep breaths.]  

The verse that comes to mind in response is Lamentations 3:22-23:
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

Praise God.  I messed up (again), but I can start over (again).  I failed.  God doesn't.  I was not compassionate.  He always is.  He always is.

Hallelujah.

Comments

Popular Posts