SSMT #2!

Nate grabbed my spiral from me last night and made me recite my verses to him.  I did it!  Wahoo!  One down, 23 to go!

Here's the passage I've selected for January 15-30.  I'm realizing that I could just pick a single verse, but these passages are so great...I just want to keep going.

Isaiah 12:2-5
Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song, he has become my salvation.  With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.  In that day you will say:  "Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.  Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world."

As I was reading it the first time, I realized that without even  stopping to think too much I can come up with three different songs that I know that are taken from this piece of Scripture.  That's part of the reason I wanted to memorize it- I've got bits and pieces floating around in my head, but I wanted to be able to put it all together.

I'm so glad it's the 15th- I've been waiting not-so-patiently to start again!!

Comments

Popular Posts