Crumbly cake

Today I'm baking Camille's birthday cake.  I have been looking forward to making this cake for an entire year.  The first cake (I only have one 10" pan, thus I have to make the cake in phases) came out of the oven, cooled, and wouldn't you know, when I took it out of the pan, one side crumbled into nothingness.  Usually this wouldn't be a big deal, but I think considering the type of torting and filling that I want to do, the damage is beyond repair.  :(   At least Blake is enjoying sneaking into the kitchen and eating the crumbs when I'm not watching...

Thus...I'm taking a blogging break.

Yesterday I got to sew some, and I'm proud to say that I'm VERY close to finishing the living room curtains I started sewing last July.  It's one of those projects that probably wouldn't have taken me that long if I had time and space to spread it all out and just do it...but I didn't...and I've been putting it off for half of a year now.  All I need to do is convince Nate to hang curtain rods and then hem them.  Whee!!

I also got to sew up a cloth diaper.  A friend shared the pattern with me, and I had to try it out.  Too cute!  


Also, Blake got some different tennis shoes a few days ago.  He, of course, had to "practice" running up and down the hall with them.  I was amazed to find them by the front door when I got home last night.  Nate must have the touch- I couldn't even get Blake to part with them during nap time.


Comments

Popular Posts