SSMT #8!


Good morning!  The verses I've chosen for the second half of the month are Isaiah 53:4-5:

Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.  But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

I'm quite moved by all of the "scary" words in these verses, but at the same time..by his wounds we are healed!  Praise God!  I couldn't think of a better set of verses to memorize as we approach Holy Week.

(I added a picture this time too-- somebody told me that blog entries are so much more exciting if they include a picture...I'm just not going to get out the big [good] [noisy] camera and risk waking up the kids- so you'll have to deal with a slightly-blurry picture.)  ;)

Comments

Popular Posts