The eighth commandment.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Hmm...

Lies!

I'll admit.  I haven't played the computer game Portal, but my Nate has.  

And I'll admit to spending quite a bit of time on the internet....and you can't go too far on the internet without coming across "The cake is a lie" meme from Portal.

And when I came up with the idea of doing a Portal cake, I think I might have earned some "cred" with my husband.  So I went with it.  

And later I'll worry about the fact that there's a pretty big chance that none of our Wednesday night church friends will understand the reference. 

But Nate thinks I'm cool, so....


It's a dark chocolate cake and icing made from this recipe.  Two of the layers are filled with whipping cream, and the center layer is cherry pie filling.  Finally, lots of messy chocolate shavings on the top and sides.

The cake is a 6" so that I could have a majority of the servings be in cupcake form. (read: less messy)



Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts