6.2 miles


I've done it.  I registered for a 10K.

Why?  I'm not completely sure, but here's some of my thought process:
-I've done some 5Ks...can I do something longer?
-I've done some 5Ks...what do I work toward now?
-Could I do it?
-I'm fairly certain that I can do it...might as well prove it to myself.

This is the deal...When I run it feels good to release old "ghosts"...to tell that humiliated 6th grade girl that she should have been invited to the office for cross country meeting too-- she may not have been competitive, but running would make her feel good, and getting the exercise would keep her healthy...that the teacher was an idiot for singling out rather than encouraging her and that other girl.

When I run it feels good to prove to myself that all of those years that I told myself I hated running and that I couldn't do it- I could.  I just didn't know how or how to work toward it.  

When I run it feels good to show my kids the testimony that I may not be athletic, but I'm trying to be active.

When I run it feels most excellent to see pride on Nate's face.

When I run it feels most excellent to feel pride on my face.

So...here I go.  I think it's not so much running that race, but running all those times on the days leading up to the race.  I can do it.  I am doing it.  Starting now.



(BTW...Blogger's having issues and ate a couple of my recent previous posts.  Hopefully they'll return soon!)

Comments

Popular Posts