Pretty Flowers

I spent part of naptime admiring my pretty flowers, and I took pictures so I could share them with you (finally).  Enjoy!  :)

A couple of years ago I tried planting some pink tulips.  I don't think that the area gets enough sun, because none of them actually bloomed last year.  I transplanted all but one of them this year, and wouldn't you know...the only one I didn't transplant was the only one that bloomed.  I cut it and brought it in the house-- it was too pretty to leave outside.

Bumper crop this year.  I've already harvested quite a bit!

One of my new perennials.  I don't quite remember what it's called, but I love the yellow color!

Some of my transplanted hostas I've been bragging about.  :)

Another new perennial.  Can't remember his name either...

The only one of the two rhododendron bushes to survive the winter.  I'm encouraged by the new growth!  (No blooms, though...this might be a problem.)

I also had to admire the new growth on the dogwood bushes.  I was pretty sure they were goners.

The only one of my red tulips to bloom this year (I think they have a pattern of blooming every other year?), and pretty much the only surprise from the previous owners that I've appreciated.

Volunteer pansies from the annuals I had planted last year.  Wahoo!

Comments

Popular Posts