May Menu

Not too long ago I had a few menu planning conversations with a few friends of mine.  The consensus?  It's hard.  Additional [personal] consensus?  It's worth it.  When I don't have a plan (i.e. this past weekend) our family either eats junk, junk, or...drive-thru junk.  

So, to keep myself accountable, here's my May menu.  I'm not guaranteeing that every meal on there is healthy, but hey- it's not completely junk.  :)

Some of the things I try to do when making a monthly menu:
-Sundays are "Nate cook" days
-Mondays are "international" days...usually amounting to Italian or Mexican
-Tuesdays are nights that I teach, which essentially turn into "crock pot" nights
-Fridays I like to try to experiment with new recipes
-And finally, as of this month I've declared Saturdays "grill" days

If I am almost done making the menu and I get stuck, I go with breakfast foods (see May 11 & 26).  If I'm still fresh out of ideas, I simply ask Blake what to put (see May 19).  :)

Monday May 2 - Tacos
3 - Pork chops
4 - Chicken wraps
5 - Tater tot hot dish
6 - Fajitas
7 - Family birthday party = restaurant = no cooking!
8 - Nate cook

Monday May 9 - Stir fry
10 - Baked ziti
11 - Waffles
12 - Meatballs
13 - Chicken pot pie
14 - Brats
15 - Nate cook

Monday May 16 - Fish
17 - Beef stew
18 - Picnic at church = no cooking!
19 - Grilled cheese sandwiches
20 - Lasagna
21- Chicken
22 - Nate cook

Monday May 23 - Enchiladas
24 - Egg salad sandwiches
25 - Sloppy joes
26 - French Toast
27 - Paella
28 - Pork chops
29 - Nate cook

Monday May 30 - Manicotti
31 - Chicken salad

I tend to get in ruts when choosing meals...so of course, suggestions are always welcomed.  ;)

Comments

This is nice, now I can see which days I want to come over for supper based on what you're having! :)
Trace said…
WHEW...no mention of cat...this is one post that you don't want kitty's name to come up!

Popular Posts