Step to it!


Today marks the beginning of the 2011 Step To It Challenge.  

In a nutshell, you're just supposed to record your steps every day for four weeks and report them on the website.  (They also have a step conversion chart for activities other than walking.)  At the end if you're the overall winner you can win some Twins tickets, but they also do random draws for tickets too.
I did this last year, and it was a humbling experience.  I wasn't in it to win, but I at least wanted to feel somewhat good about myself.  Um....  :-/  I don't remember the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure that the winners recorded about double the steps that I did...  My step total for the four weeks was 671,209.  

It was really difficult for me to decide what my goal should be for this year...and the longer I sit trying to figure out a goal, the more time passes that I'm sitting here on my bottom rather than racking up steps on my pedometer!  EEK!

So, why not go big?  Why not go for a nice round number?  1,000,000 it is.  (E-gads.  I just typed that into the calculator, and that is roughly 35,715 steps per day.)

Wish me luck!  Hopefully this will help me finally lose the last four pounds that I have to lose to meet my weight loss goal...from last May.  :)

(Hey, people!  If you're in Hennepin county, you should totally sign up!  It would be fun to know somebody else logging their steps too!)

Comments

Popular Posts