My rock project

I started picking rocks out of a small bed in our back yard....a year ago.  I never finished.  :-/

This spring I have started tackling the project again, and I'm excited to say that I'm almost done.  I went out this afternoon during nap time, and had a most wonderful time playing in soupy mud.  I'm not even being sarcastic. I'm not sure I've allowed myself to "play" in the mud too many times in the past, but I'm fairly certain that this mud could be called "the perfect consistency" for mud pies.  :)  The mud also allowed me to dig out the crooked divider bricks and get them all lined up nicely again.

I got as far as laying down anti-weed plastic and starting to move rocks back into the bed when I heard distinctive "clunking" sounds coming from the baby monitor.  (I'll leave it to your imagination to picture a certain son of mine and what he was doing on his bed with all of the contents of his closet.)

So, alas...the rock project will wait (again), and I will look at it wistfully from the living room window.

Comments

Popular Posts