Paella

Friday night I attempted paella for the first time.  I used the recipe for Perfect Paella by Rachael Ray.  I don't know how "authentic" my dish ended up being, seeing as I substituted smoked sausage for the chorizo and refused to include any ingredients with green lips (see recipe...).  I will say (and Nate will second) that it turned out really, really tasty.  :)  

I even took pictures of the process...enjoy!

Because I wasn't too sure of the entire process (and because I knew it would make Alton quite proud), I put everything in prep bowls before I started.  It did end up helping...and it made me look really cool too.  ;)

Doesn't look like much yet...mostly just slop with herbs floating around in it.  :-/

That's right, people!  I had TWO pans going!
I got really into the theme and even got a bottle of Spanish wine to go with the meal.  I'd totally recommend this one- "Tempra Tantrum"- both Nate and I really liked it.  (Blake enjoyed the red Kool Aid he got instead.) 

Starting to look somewhat more festive....

VOILA!  Complete with lemon wedges that I wish I would have turned so that you couldn't see the results of my zesting earlier in the process...

Comments

Popular Posts