I love hostas.

I love hostas.  Really.  A lot.

We have a section of hostas in the back corner of our lot that seems kind of out of place.  They're in the middle of a bunch of rocks, they're in a corner where nobody can see them, and now they're dangerously close to the construction zone (a.k.a. our sandbox).

Our first spring in this house I transplanted some of those hostas to another part of our yard.  I almost didn't do it...but then I realized it is my house (ok...our house)- not the previous owners' anymore.  We might as well have some hostas where we can enjoy them, right?  Right.

I didn't get them all, so I transplanted a few more last spring.  I thought I had got them all, but nope!  They came back!  I'm pretty sure a lot more came back than the few I may have missed last year!  Whee!  It's like a gift that keeps on giving! :)

Well, my friends, today I transplanted hostas for the third year in a row!  I love them.  They do well wherever I put them, they're good filler, and evidently you can come extremely close to killing them all off- and they  still flourish.  

Rose bushes should be like this.  



PS...I only got just over 25,000 steps yesterday.  :-/  We'll see how the rest of the week goes, but I'm a little nervous that I set the bar a little too high...

Comments

Popular Posts