It doesn't take much at all

My broom and dustpan hang on nails right outside the kitchen door (in the garage).  For the longest time the nail that holds my broom has been too short.  When you hang the broom up you need to hold your breath and hope that as soon as you let go it doesn't go tumbling to the ground.  When you take the broom off the hook you need to do so ever so gently so as not to pull the little nail out from the wall and send it across the garage floor.

On Saturday Nate took the kids to the hardware store to get a few things for the lawnmower.  He also picked up a box of long nails so as to give my broom a proper hook. 


Perhaps this does not sound like much, but I'm pretty sure it made me happier than I think it would have had he bought me a dozen roses. I smile every time I go to use my broom (which is multiple times per day due to Kid 1, Kid 2, and Cat 1).  :) 

Comments

Isn't it great how the little things can make such a big difference? I wonder what is lurking in my house that could make me smile like you are...I'm off to find out!
Anonymous said…
I totally agree, it's the little things that make a big difference!
Trace said…
A shout out to the Cat! YEAH!!

Popular Posts