And now, back to our regularly-scheduled Wednesday baking

It's back to church night activities, my friends, which means two things:
1)  No more having to plan suppers for Wednesday nights
2)  Creative Wednesday baking is BACK!

Mr. G said in his email that this week we'll be having pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw, and baked beans.  Hmmmm...not much of a theme there, other than "all-American."  So, I did what any sale-watching Minnesota shopper would do, and I bought a bunch of apples.

Tonight's dessert will be apple crisp and apple pie bars.

The apple pie bars came from one of my Taste of Home cookbooks, but here's the recipe online.  I loved this crust!  During the rolling-out and transferring-to-pan processes the crust behaved beautifully.  I rolled out two 11x17 rectangles and DID NOT HAVE ONE TEAR.  That's got to say something, people...even if they taste awful.  :)



The apple crisp came from my old standby Betty Crocker cookbook (they also have the recipe online here).  I figure in a congregation with such a high percentage of Betty employees, you can't go wrong, right?


Well...mostly.  I doubled the recipe and put it in a 9x13 pan, but I think I didn't spread out the butter exactly right...some of the topping looks kind of dry (but you don't get to see a picture of that part- ha!).


The absolute best part is how yummy our house smells now.  Too bad Nate's not home to award me bonus wife points.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts