Pretty sounds

Guess what I have (temporarily) in my possession:



Wheeheheheheheehe!!!

The music director at our church asked me if I'd be interested in playing if she could get her hands on a horn for me, and I said YES YES YES YES YES!

(And then I reminded her she'd have to give me a couple of months to build my lip back up, as it's been 10 years since I last played at NWC...)

So she got me a horn.  Last night.  

And I rushed home and found my mouth piece and opened the case and couldn't resist playing a couple of notes even though it was 8:30 and our kids really really really needed to be in bed.

And Blake matter-of-factly told me, "Mommy, that [horn] does not make pretty sounds."

And I watched as my husband turned his back and bit his lip hard to stifle a snort (in response to Blake's comment...not my playing...I hope).

Sigh.

You just wait, people.



(And no, Dad, I will not under any circumstances bring it along to sunrise service.)

Comments

ooh! Just seeing that case brings back memories of high school for me!

Popular Posts