Cheap thrills.

You won't guess what happened yesterday- my "death row rescued" Asiatic lilies decided to bloom!  (Envision a huge smile on my face.)  Even if this does not happen again next year, and even if all the other rescued inmates don't come back next year, finding these in bloom yesterday was 100% worth my $7.  



I ran down the stairs and out the door to take pictures of them, and while I was out there I couldn't resist taking some pictures of some other recent "thrillers" I've been watching.  I hope you don't mind that I'm sharing with you...

This guy is a new purchase this year- I've been waiting and waiting to see him bloom:


The very first of the daisy-type flowers this year.  These plants are thrilling, because they were one of last year's rescue projects:


My very first rescue project.  I found a box of day lilies on the side of the road the very first summer in our house.  Admittedly, they're not as much of a thrill to me anymore, but they're still dependable, and they 're still pretty.


Ooooh!!  This little guy is the closest of my cone flowers to blooming.  He's purple when he blooms...how can he not be a thrill!


Blissful sigh...my gladiolus bulbs.  So beautiful.  I can hardly wait until the end of the summer when they start to bloom.  Just looking at the stalks thrills me.  :) 


Comments

Popular Posts