I know that my redeemer lives.

This Holy Week marks the second in a row that people that I love have been touched with the loss of life.

And I'm left to think.

Cancer...death...it all sucks.

And it's Lent, and currently Holy Week.

And I continue reading my devotional.

And one of today's readings was from the book of Revelation-

"Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand.  They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders.  In a loud voice they sang:  Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!  Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing..."  (Revelation 5:11-13)

Overall, the book of Revelation confuses me.

But regardless, I read those verse and I am left with one sentiment: Awe.  Ten thousand TIMES ten thousand angels. And EVERY creature in heaven And on earth...and it goes on and on.  I can not comprehend that.  At all.

But I know one thing:  Awe.  Amazement.

God must be...wow.  Is there even one word?

And I know that if God's behind all of that, and if those verses have anything to do with heaven or what heaven will be like, it gives my heart such reassurance and amazement.

And I know that those people that we lose, that they loved Jesus.  And believed.  And they're THERE.  With God.  And 100,000,000 angels.  On Easter.  Celebrating with Jesus.


But we still miss them here.

And we don't really know what to say.

So we pray, "Come!  Jesus come!"

And we celebrate Easter.

And we sing

"I know that my Redeemer lives; what comfort this sweet sentence gives! ... He lives to silence all my fears, He lives to wipe away my tears, He lives to calm my troubled heart..."

"Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus, O for grace to trust him more!"

"Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee, How great Thou art."

Comments

Popular Posts