When I survey the wondrous cross.

I don't know that I could choose a favorite hymn- I have many, but at the top of the list is "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross."

A line from that hymn is especially powerful to me-

"Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all."

A Jesus who would endure all that, for me, for everyone...a love like that...  How else could it demand nothing less than everything I am and everything that I have?

I'm humbled.

At the crux of it all- that's it.  That's who I want to be.  That's how I want to live.

Yet...I fail.

How is it that I'm moved to serve and change the world with "my all," yet by 4:52 p.m. I fail so miserably at being patient/showing grace/loving my own kids in my own house?  Shouldn't that be the easiest?  Shouldn't that be my first priority?

I'm humbled. 

Giving "my all" sounds so easy on paper.  Yet in practice, "my all" is so very, very difficult.

So humbled.

I ask for forgiveness (again).

And I start over (again).

Comments

Popular Posts