My Christmas Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

I tried a new recipe for appetizer time at Christmas with the Z-fam:

"Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
Beth Brunsvold [This recipe came from the Hope United Cookbook]

1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1/2 c. butter (softened)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
3/4 c. mini chocolate chips
3/4 c. pecans (finely chopped)
1 box graham crackers

In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.  Gradually add sugars; beat just until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.  Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball.  Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.  Just before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans.  Serve with graham crackers.  I prefer chocolate."

YUM!  I've never tried making anything like this before, so I didn't know what to expect.  The only variation I made was omitting the pecans, due to a nut allergy.  Also, I wasn't able to find chocolate graham crackers at the grocery store.  Trust me....it was still yummy.  ;)

Comments

Popular Posts